Well it’s back! The new Sky Bet League 1 season gets underway on Saturday with
Bradford City welcoming Barnsley to the Northern Commercials Stadium (kick off
As always we ask supporters to get to the stadium as early as possible for the game.
Turnstiles will be open in all sections from 1.30pm.
Saturday is a little bit different for the new season with the introduction of coloured season
tickets and this is as follows:
- JCT600 Stand - West Stand – Orange
- North West Stand – Black
- Kop - North Stand – Blue
- Northern Commercial - East Stand - Yellow
Supporters are also reminded that flexi-cards no longer allow entry to the stadium at the
turnstiles and there will be no cash entry for supporters at any turnstile.
All sections of the stadium will be open and the following is the best way to gain access to
- JCT600 (WEST) STAND: Turnstiles W3-W15 which can be located in the Directors’ car park either side of the glass doors to the banqueting suites that can be accessed from Valley Parade or Burlington Street. The turnstiles will give access to orange season tickets and match tickets only. The late gate (open until half-time) will be W3 which is the turnstile nearest to Valley Parade. Supporters in wheelchairs can gain access to the JCT 600 West Stand via Gate WD on Valley Parade or via the 1911 Club reception using the lift.
- NORTH WEST CORNER: Turnstiles NW3-NW6 - which can be located to the left of the main ticket office as you approach it. The turnstiles will give access to black season tickets and match tickets only. The late gate (open until half-time) will be NW6. Supporters in wheelchairs can gain access to the North West Corner through the One-in-a-Million school compound and then through Gate NWB.
- NORTH STAND (THE KOP): There are two locations to gain entry to the Kop, behind the stand or from Midland Road. Turnstiles N1-N8 (4 x near to the Ticket Office and 4 x near to the Bantams Bar entrance) are situated behind the Kop. The turnstiles will give access to blue season tickets and match tickets ONLY. The late gate (open until half-time) will be N1. Supporters in wheelchairs can gain access to the North Stand Kop through the One-in-a-Million school compound and then through Gate ND. In addition, supporters can also gain entry to both levels of the Kop from Midland Road, using Turnstiles N9-N12. The turnstiles will give access to season tickets and match tickets only. There will be no late gate for the Kop on Midland Road; N1 behind the Kop will remain open until half-time. Supporters in wheelchairs cannot access the Kop from Midland Road and are asked to enter the stadium through the One-in-a-Million school compound and then through Gate ND.
- NORTHERN COMMERCIALS (EAST) STAND: Turnstiles E1-E6 on Midland Road will be open for this stand for this game. The turnstiles will give access to yellow season tickets and match tickets only. The late gate (open until half-time) will be E6. Supporters in wheelchairs can gain access to the Northern Commercials (East) Stand should gain access through Gate EA.
- AWAY SUPPORTERS: Away supporters can gain access to the Northern Commercial Stadium via the South Stand on Midland Road turnstiles S1-S4 with the late turnstile as S4 and is open until half-time as well as the East Stand turnstiles E11-12 and the late turnstile will be E12 and is open until half-time. This is ticket only no cash turnstiles will not be available.
SEASON TICKET COLLECTIONS
Some supporters have still not collected their season tickets for the 2018/19 season. The ticket office will be open between 9:00am - 3:00pm for season ticket collections. We strongly advise all those who need to collect season tickets do so before 1.00pm in order to avoid lengthy queues and long delays, which could result in you missing kick-off.
Due to the potential for congestion in the North West Corner after the match with people leaving the stadium for the same safety reasons, the ticket office will not open at all after the final whistle.
Supporters are also reminded that in line with legislation and the EFL ground regulations, the
entire stadium, including the seating areas, concourses, stairways, turnstiles and toilets, is a
no-smoking area. The use of electronic cigarettes in all parts of the stadium is also forbidden.
Supporters are also asked not to bring bags to the stadium. Where this is unavoidable, all bags will need to be searched before entry can be allowed. Items included on the EFL ground regulations that are deemed to be a potential risk, including bottles and aerosols, will not be allowed into the stadium.
In addition, supporters will not be allowed to record or live-stream any of the live match action. The Club has been reminded by the EFL of its obligations to prevent live footage of the game being stored, recorded or transmitted and stewards will take appropriate action if this regulation is contravened.
Wakefield Road/Bowling Back Lane roundabout is closed due to road works. Spectators can come in via the Manchester Road side of the city.
A reminder to all supporters that the road closure on Midland Road that was in place last season will continue for all Home League Matches for this season.
Enjoy the game!