- Former City loanee Liam Moore has joined Bristol City on loan from Premier League side Leicester City until the start of the new calendar year. Moore enjoyed a period on loan at the Coral Windows Stadium in 2011.
- Bradford-born midfielder Jacob Butterfield has left Huddersfield Town to join fellow Championship side Derby County. The fee is believed to be as much as £4 million.
- Swindon Town midfielder Nathan Byrne has joined Wolverhampton Wanderers for £1 million. Byrne netted a second half hat-trick against City on the opening day of this season.
- Former City trialist Adam Drury has moved to Sky Bet League 2 side Bristol Rovers. Drury featured for Phil Parkinson's men during the pre-season friendly at Guiseley back in July.
- One-time City loanee striker Chris O'Grady has moved on a season-long loan to Nottingham Forest from Brighton & Hove Albion. O'Grady had a brief loan spell with City during 2009.
- City's opponents this Saturday, Oldham Athletic, have swooped to sign Celtic defender Eoghan O'Connell on loan. He will remain at the SportsDirect.com Park until the turn of the year.
- Shrewsbury Town midfielder Ryan Woods has moved up into the Championship by signing with Brentford. Woods impressed many during City's recent home match with Shrewsbury.
- Some of the other moves of note involving Sky Bet League 1 clubs included Swindon Town's loan move for Birmingham City striker Wes Thomas, Swindon striker Michael Smith joining Barnsley on loan, plus Haris Vuckic moving from Newcastle United to Wigan Athletic on loan as well.