Bradford City Football Club is looking to appoint a Full Time Academy Administration and Safeguarding Officer to work throughout the club.
This dual role employee will provide administrative support to the academy manager and the academy team. They will act as the point of contact between the academy and the league for all administrative matters. Additional to this, they will have the responsibility for monitoring and managing welfare and safeguarding practices. This work is to be carried out in the academy and throughout the club.
We are looking for an individual who is determined to succeed and who has a proven track record in administration, safe guarding and welfare. Enhanced DBS clearance is essential, and an understanding of safe guarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults are paramount for the role.
Also desirable is a qualification in safeguarding.
Main purpose of the Role
- To co-ordinate and deliver a day to day service in the academy to aid the academy team to deliver an organized football and educational program of work.
- To provide secretarial support to all full and part time academy staff.
- The designated person will have with primary responsibility for managing and reporting safeguarding concerns and for putting into place and monitoring policies, procedures and daily practice to safeguard children and adults at risk in the organisation.
- Co-ordination of administration of all correspondence including match reports, confirmation of matches to other clubs, letters, memo’s, faxes, e-mails, appropriate forms abiding to FAPL/Football League rules, pre-season administrative arrangements and any other general admin.
- To provide secretarial support to academy staff.
- Provide constant supplies of stationary, etc to keep the academy office running efficiently
- To receive callers, clients, visitors and staff in a helpful and friendly manner and provide an efficient service to all
- Update academy website providing information to all players and parents associated with the program.
- Look after and maintain ALL files relating to the youth department.
- Maintenance of databases academy players (9 – 16), football scholars (16 – 19)
- Attend and take minutes at meetings
- Responsible for confirmation of match officials for the academy
- Deal with new scholar’s starter information ensuring that employment legislation is met
- Liaise with WG school regarding facility bookings and school procedures
- Actively help and support any fundraising events/ ideas that may enhance the academy funds.
- Deal with scouting requests to attend academy games
- Attend all relevant football league meetings
- Liaise with coaches and parents in relation to academy matters.
- Inform relevant departments of new registrations.
- Working with others within the organisation to create a positive, child-centred environment
- Play a lead role in developing and establishing the organisation’s approach to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk
- Manage cases of poor practice and abuse reported to the organisation
- Maintain accurate, confidential and up-to-date documentation on all cases of safeguarding and child protection and report where required in line with GDPR regulations
- Manage referrals to children’s social-care services, LADO, the police, the EFL and FA as and when required
- Central point of contact for internal and external individuals and agencies
- Represent the organisation at external meetings related to safeguarding
- Coordinate the dissemination of policy, procedures and resources throughout the organisation
- Provide advice and support to all staff, volunteers and associates of the organisation in relation to safeguarding concerns and queries
- Advise on the organisation’s training needs and the development of its training strategy; provide training where appropriate
- Play a lead role in maintaining and reviewing the organisation’s implementation plan for safeguarding and protecting children
- Ensure safeguarding standards are met and maintained
- Keep own knowledge and skills up-to-date
- Encourage good practice by promoting and championing the safeguarding policy and procedures
- Liaise with club staff ensuring that the club adheres to child protection procedures
- Attend all safeguarding football league meetings
- Advise the club of safeguarding legislation and government guidance.
- At all times promote and provide a positive image of Bradford City Football Club.
- Adhere to organisational policies and procedures relating to operations, health & safety and quality control in the club handbook.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information with regard to the Data Protection Act.
Skills and qualifications:
- Enhanced DBS
- Good communication skills
- Good planner/organizer
- Efficient IT skills
Person Specification – Academy Administration and Safe Guarding Officer
To apply for the Academy Administration and Safeguarding Officer (Reference 2376), please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of work
Full time position that would require flexibility in the hours as and when required.
Commensurate with skills and experience. Please state your availability to start.
The deadline for all applications is: 11th January 2019.