City's Head of Recruitment Greg Abbott says that the Club did 'everything in their power' to keep Mark Marshall at the Northern Commercials Stadium but insisted good news was on its way.
Marshall completed a move to Charlton Athletic this Friday, signing a two-year deal at The Valley.
The 30 year-old will officially join the Addicks when his current City contract expires at the end of this month.
Reflecting on City's efforts to retain Marshall's services, Abbott has revealed the exact lengths the Club went to in an attempt to win over the attacker.
Moving on from Marshall's departure, Abbott says work to add to the squad is showing signs of progress and he is confident City will make their first moves in this summer's transfer market in the coming days.
He said: "While we are disappointed to learn that Mark has gone to Charlton, I have to say that we did everything we could to keep him at the Club.
"Myself, Edin (Rahic) and Stuart (McCall) sat down and discussed Marshy's situation, and Stuart and I came up with a figure we felt would be enough to keep him.
"Edin and Stefan (Rupp) actually then came back with a figure even above that.
"In fact, it was probably the highest figure that Bradford City will have offered a player during their time in League One.
"In that respect, the Club couldn't really do much more.
"When we presented the package to Marshy, he said he needed a bit more time to think about it. He then came back and asked for a little bit more.
"That kind of knocked the wind out of our sails a little bit, and that is when we realised that his mind probably had already been made to go to Charlton.
"His family is based there, Charlton is right on his doorstep.
"He did state how much he'd enjoyed playing under Stuart last year and the admiration he had for the football that we had played.
"Sometimes in football you do get a defeat, but this is a defeat where everyone at the Club has done their very best.
"When that happens, you can look yourself in the mirror and know that as a team - Stefan, Edin, James, Stuart and myself - we did everything in our power.
"With that all said now, we are looking forward.
"We have made two bids for players today (Friday) - six-figure bids - and we are hopeful of signing a couple of other players at the beginning of next week.
"The deals to sign those two players have been agreed in principle.
"The work to extend and improve the squad is really taking off now.
"The aim at the end of the summer period is to give Stuart a squad he can be really competitive with.
"With the support and help of Edin, Stefan and James, myself and Stuart are working extremely hard to get the right players into the football club at the right price."