The Bantams kick off their 2017/2018 Checkatrade Trophy campaign on Tuesday (29 August 2017) with their opening group game away at Chesterfield.
The scheduled kick off at Chesterfield's Proact Stadium for the Group F match is 7:00pm.
Rotherham United and Manchester City U21s are the other two teams to make up the Northern section group.
Although the group stages have remained in place, some slight changes have been made to the competition this season.
Including the alterations, here are some of the main rules and regulations for this season's Checkatrade Trophy.
- Each team shall play each other once (either home or away) in the group stages.
- Three points are awarded for a win. One point each for a draw. If the game does indeed end in a draw after 90 minutes, the match will go straight to penalties to decide which side wins the bonus point.
- Penalties will take place using the new ABBA system.
- Invited Category One academy sides (Premier League and Championship) will continue to participate in the tournament.
- All Category One sides will play their group games AWAY from home.
- The tournament will now be regionalised until the quarter-final stage.
- Each EFL Club must play its 'Full Available Strength' in and during all matches.
- Full Available Strength means EFL clubs must include at least four qualifying players in the ten outfield players named in their starting XI.
- The four qualifying players must either (a) start the preceding fixture (b) start the fixture immediately after (c) be in the top ten of appearance makers for the club so far that season (d) have made forty or more first team starting appearances in their career to date.
- Each Category One club must include at least six players in their starting XI who were aged under 21 as of the 30 June 2017.
- Clubs can name seven substitutes on their team-sheet and bring three players onto the field of play.
- Cautions and dismissals are treated separately under The FA Disciplinary procedures from all other first team matches.
Those marked in bold are new for this season.