As a mark of respect to those who lost their lives in the tragic events in Barcelona on Thursday evening, the EFL requests clubs wear black armbands at all EFL fixtures over the weekend of 18th and 19th August.
This includes City's Sky Bet League One fixture with Blackburn Rovers at the Northern Commercials Stadium this Saturday (19 August 2017).
The EFL has been working over the summer to review security at club stadiums with stadium managers having been briefed by counter terrorism police.
It is vital that everyone - players, staff and supporters - remain vigilant and report any concerns to stewards or police.
Attacks might be rare, and it is unlikely that supporters will be caught up in one, nonetheless the message is #ActionCountersTerrorism.
To help keep yourself and others safe, you should:
· Arrive early, allowing more time for security checks
· Minimise what you carry, fewer bag searches will speed up entry to the ground
· Be vigilant at all times and if you see anything suspicious, tell a steward right away
· If you see anything that could pose an immediate threat to safety, call 999
· In an emergency, listen to the Public Address instructions and follow them
· If told to evacuate, you should do so immediately, do not wait around to film events on your mobile
· Move right away from the stadium as quickly as possible for your safety and to allow clear access for any emergency vehicles
· Once safe, follow the local police force on Twitter for updates