Bradford City Football Club and the Bantams Disabled Organisation have been working closely together to ensure that the Coral Windows Stadium is as accessible as possible ahead of the 2015/2016 season.
Whilst the Coral Windows Stadium is relatively new and more accessible than many stadia, it is also accepted that no ground is perfect and that improvements can be made.
A number of improvements are already underway as part of the off-season work taking place within the stadium ahead of the new campaign. These include:
- New alarms installed into all of the disabled toilets.
- A dedicated disabled area in the North West Corner. There is good wheelchair access here and a constant ‘line of sight’ of the match can be ensured in this area. The club will also be positioning a specially trained steward in this area to liaise with any disability needs.
Please note, existing season ticket holders can transfer to this area. Disabled supporters with mobility issues or those eligible for complimentary carer tickets are advised to contact the club’s ticket office (0871 978 8000) regarding ticketing arrangements.
Further updates include:
- Plans to improve visibility in other parts of the ground though the viability of this is yet to be confirmed.
- Work of the club’s Disability Liaison Officer to be shared with members of Bantams DO on match-days from next season. This will ensure that there will always be someone who understands the needs of disabled supporters available if required.
- Liaising with visiting Disabled Supporters Organisations will be developed. Visiting clubs will be sent a guide to the ground and local area, this is being written by Bantams DO.
- Ticketing arrangements for disabled supporters to be looked at. In particular, the online ticket purchasing system. Please contact the club via the ticket office in the meantime.
Bantams DO will be researching accessible venues and services in the area. The intention is to create a guide for disabled fans that will help to enhance the full match-day experience, including on the way to and from the ground. Suggested venues and services that are accessible to wheelchair users are welcomed.
Please send any suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the football club. During the season ideas relating to accessibility can be sent to the club and Bantams DO via the supporters’ board suggestion boxes which are located on the concourse in each stand.
For further information about Bantams DO, please visit https://www.facebook.com/bantamsdisabledorganisation or join via this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rpaZEtFH-BUoBUUdLsO1iTJDWLHKkmlNeQQE98mPuwo/viewform
Details of City's commitment to Disabled Fans can be found in the club's Disability Charter HERE.