A HISTORY OF BRADFORD CITY IN OBJECTS - A 320+ page, all colour book; planned publication - early October, 2014.
The book records the changing match day experience at the Coral Windows Stadium and the acceleration of change in the last thirty years, coincidentally since the fire disaster. The content of the book promises to be unique in comparison to histories previously written about football clubs in Britain, let alone Bradford City AFC. This is not a statistical record about players or games, it is literally an illustrated history of the club in objects but not limited to the popular '100 objects only' formula.
has been written and compiled by John Dewhirst, who has one of the largest and most comprehensive private collections of BCAFC memorabilia. The book will include items from his collection supplemented with that provided by other collectors and supporters as well as material previously featured in the BANTAMSPAST museum.A History of Bradford City AFC In Objects
Most of the content has never previously been displayed or included in earlier publications.
John was co-founder of The City Gent in 1984. He previously compiled City Memories in 1997 and has assisted with a number of books about the club including Of Boars and Bantams in 1988, Along The Midland Road in 1996, Glorious 1911 in 2010 and Paraders: The 125 Year History of Valley Parade in 2011. John has also been involved with a number of projects celebrating the history of the club and in April, 2011 he organised the sell-out dinner at the Midland Hotel to commemorate the centenary of the FA Cup triumph.
. In 2013, BANTAMSPAST contributed towards the new 2013 Suite at Valley Parade and we are currently planning a new gallery of framed shirts from 1976 to date. Proceeds of our badge and book sales will fund historic displays in Valley Parade to keep the club’s history alive and accessible.Profits from the sale of the book will go to Bradford City AFC
Subscriber copies can be ordered until 31 August, 2014. Subscriber copies will have a different cover to those which go on general sale in the autumn. This is the fourth book published by BANTAMSPAST since 2010 and our previous publications have all sold out. This book commemorates 100 peacetime seasons at Valley Parade and is likely to be a future collector’s item.
Ordered copies can be collected from Valley Parade either at a launch event (TBA) in the 1911 Club or from reception. Copies can be posted to those unable to collect in person.
Email email@example.com an order form.
Order forms can also be downloaded using the link below:
A History of Bradford City in Objects
The book includes:
History of the club crests and colours;
Illustrated record of:
- the development of the club programme from 1909;
- comparative Bradford (PA) AFC programmes from 1914 to 1974;
- club yearbooks and publications since 1903;
- membership cards and season tickets since 1903;
- match day tickets;
- medals awarded to the team 1908, 1911, 1929, 1985, 1996 & 2013;
- souvenir and enamel badges since 1908 including those issued in 1911 and in the inter-war period;
- BCAFC merchandising and souvenirs, official and unofficial - including scarves, mugs, pennants, toys, flags, patches, rosettes, jewellery, footballs;
- car stickers since the 1970s;
- cigarette cards featuring BCAFC players since 1907;
- trading cards featuring Manningham and BCAFC players since 1880s;
- postcards featuring team groups and player portraits from 1903;
- magazine features on BCAFC since 1903;
- first day covers (1980s/90s);
- memorabilia from 1911;
- memorabilia from Wembley, 1996;
- memorabilia from Wembley February, 2013;
- memorabilia from FL Cup campaign and Wembley May, 2013;
- memorabilia from Premier League, 1999-2001;
- fund raising programmes and initiatives, fire disaster 1985;
- ephemera from organised supporter clubs since 1921;
- fanzines since 1984;
- books published about the club since 1927;
- records/CDs issued;
- xmas cards;
- fixture lists published by the club and third party releases;
- correspondence letterheads;
- lottery tickets and fund raising initiatives;
and surviving ephemera.artefacts- rare
History of organised supporter groups at Valley Parade since 1921;