City have announced the turnstile arrangements for this Saturday’s (5 April 2014) home game against Oldham Athletic, kick off 3pm.
After a series of games where the same arrangements have been used, Saturday is considerably different and all supporters are asked to read this notice and follow the entry arrangements highlighted here.
First and foremost, pre-match intelligence suggests that there will be a large following from Oldham Athletic and therefore the TL Dallas (South) Stand and Blocks F&G of the Northern Commercials (East) Stand will be allocated to the visitors.
This will reduce the number of turnstiles available to home supporters (details below), so please get to the stadium that little bit earlier, if at all possible.
With the increased number of coaches expected, Midland Road will be closed to all traffic from its junction with Thorncliffe Road to Cornwall Road from 1:00pm until 5.30pm.
The lower part of Holywell Ash Lane will also be closed during the same period.
Access will be allowed to drivers with blue badges to the Midland Road parking bays close to Thorncliffe Road and access to the private car park beside the railway will still be available, providing that the area is approached from the direction of Hamm Strasse.
The third implication of this stadium configuration is that the Community Section tickets will be allocated in the North West corner of the stadium. This will increase the congestion around the ticket office prior to the game and supporters paying with their flexi-cards for the Kop are asked to use the Midland Road turnstiles N9-N10 – which allows access to both levels of the Kop. Ticket holders for the Community Section in the NW corner will be asked to stay in their seats for 10 minutes after the final whistle to allow the crowd from the Kop to disperse before the NW Corner fans leave the stadium.
Supporters are also reminded of the message issued by the club in March about car security - following a spate of thefts from cars; please make sure that no valuables are left in view when you park up.
Home supporters are reminded that the entry points for the stadium for Saturday’s game against Oldham Athletic will include:
For the Main West Stand (unchanged from the normal routine)
- Supporters with pre-paid tickets - i.e. season tickets, match tickets or flexi-cards where the seats have been paid for in advance - should make their way to turnstiles W5-W10 or W12-W18. These turnstiles are all located in the Directors’ car park either side of the glass doors that lead to the banqueting areas.
- Supporters with a flexi-card who wish to pay cash on the day can enter by turnstiles W4 or W11.
- Supporters for the Main West Stand who haven’t pre-booked and wish to pay cash can enter via turnstile W3 (which is the turnstile nearest to Valley Parade)
For the North West corner
- Supporters who have obtained tickets through our Community Scheme – should enter via turnstiles NW3-NW6; please note that these turnstiles can be located between the main ticket office and the Kop turnstiles, so please allow some extra time to gain access to the stadium.
- Supporters using the NW corner will be asked to remain in the stadium for 10 minutes after the final whistle; this will allow fans from the Kop to disperse before the Community Section fans leave the stadium.
For the North Stand Kop (unchanged from the normal routine, but flexi-card cash payers are again asked to use the Midland Road entrances)
- Supporters with pre-paid tickets - i.e. season tickets, match tickets or FlexiCards where the seats have been paid for in advance - should make their way to turnstiles N3 or N4 and N5-N8, all of which are located behind the Kop.
- Supporters with pre-paid tickets - i.e. season tickets, match tickets or FlexiCards where the seats has been paid for in advance – can also enter the North Stand Kop through turnstiles N11 - N14 which can be located on Midland Road.
- Supporters with a FlexiCard for the North Stand Kop, who wish to pay cash on the day, are asked to gain access through turnstiles N9-N10 on Midland Road. N2 behind the Kop will also be available for FlexiCard holders wanting to pay cash on the day, but to ease congestion in the area around the ticket office; all supporters are asked to use the turnstiles on Midland Road.
- Supporters for the North Stand Kop who haven’t pre-booked and wish to pay cash can enter via turnstile N1, which is behind the Kop.
For the Northern Commercials (East) Stand
- Supporters with pre-paid tickets - i.e. season tickets, match tickets or flexi-cards where the seats have been paid for in advance - should make their way to turnstiles E1 and E4 to E6, all of which are located on Midland Road
- Supporters with a flexi-card who wish to pay cash on the day can enter the Northern Commercials Stand by turnstiles E2 or E3
- Please note there is no cash only option for the Northern Commercials Stand - supporters wishing to pay full rates in cash should make their way to the Upper level of the Main West Stand via turnstile W3 in the Directors’ car park.
Other points to note:
- The cash only turnstiles (W3 for the Main West Stand and N1 for the North Stand Kop) offer no choice of seats and only take cash. Any supporter wishing to have a choice of seats or pay by credit or charge cards must go to the Club’s ticket office
- Restrictions will again be in place in the area of the ticket office to reduce any crowd congestion in that area - supporters are asked to keep clear of this area unless they have a specific reason for approaching the stadium via this route – with the Community Section using the NW Corner, congestion in the build-up to the game is likely in this area
- The Club will continue its policy of having a late entry gate in each section of the stadium. This gate will stay open until half-time. W3 will be the late gate for the Main West Stand, N1 for the North Stand Kop and E1 for the Northern Commercials Stand.